Are you like most Americans- scared of catching the latest pandemic disease, the Coronavirus?
According to the media, you will catch this virus if you are in public places with many people or if you travel.
Is this true?
What Are The Odds of Catching The Coronavirus?
In an interesting article published in Psychology Today, the author Samuel Paul Veissiere Ph.D. discussed the odds are that 98% of people will not contract the virus. He also stated that the Coronavirus is simply a moral panic. I can’t agree more with him.
If you look back in history, we have had a virus cause moral panic around every few years. Do you remember the SARS, Bird Flu, or MERS? Those are some of the recent viruses that have caused panic in the media.
What Are The Experts Saying About The Coronavirus?
Here is what you need to know. At the time of writing this, there have been 3,562 deaths with the majority of those deaths being in China. To put this in perspective, within the same timeframe as the Coronavirus has been around, at least 12,000 people in the U.S. alone have died from the seasonal flu according to the CDC.
As Dr. Veissiere stated, the human mind tends to ignore basic probability and tends to jump to the most negative thought possible. He also states we are programmed to look for potential dangers and threats. These dangers are then blown out of proportion so we can remember them for future encounters.
8 Ways to Catch the Coronavirus
Now that you understand that the Coronavirus is not worse than the seasonal flu and that humans tend to blow these virus epidemics out of proportion, here are some ways that you can be sure to catch the Coronavirus if you want to.
- Skip your chiropractic adjustments: If you want to handicap your nervous system, which is the Master Controller of your entire body, don’t get a chiropractic adjustment. By not getting adjusted and increasing the interference of the communication between your brain and body, you will reduce your body’s ability to find and attack any viruses. Instead, wait until symptoms are clearly present and bother you. If you are interested in getting checked to see if your body has interference, visit this page.
- Eat a poor diet: Make sure your body lacks the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, micronutrients, and building blocks it needs to keep itself healthy and have the ability to heal and repair. If you are interested to see if your body is getting what it needs, visit this page.
- Avoid adequate rest: If you want to decrease your immune system’s ability to find and fight viruses, stay up late, get up early, and use caffeine, sugar, tobacco, and energy drinks as needed.
- Become dehydrated: Dehydration is a sure way to reduce the effectiveness of your natural defense mechanisms. You can do this by not consuming enough water each day.
- Stop exercising: Not exercising will reduce the efficiency of your Lymphatic System, which requires movement to circulate the important germ-fighting fluid that it circulates. Exercise is also known to reduce stress which makes your body more resilient. Make sure to catch the Coronavirus by stopping any and all exercise.
- Think negative thoughts: Worry that you and your family will be victims. Closely monitor all the news reports, looking for outbreaks and set alerts on your phone for updates. Fear the advancing pandemic. As we talked about earlier, this will definitely activate your fight-or-flight response and lower your resistance.
- Do not wash your hands: After you don’t wash your hands, use your dirty hands to rub your eyes, pick your nose, wipe your lips, and touch the food you eat. The most direct way to catch any disease is direct contact with mucus membranes, like the nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Do not consume any supplements: To further reduce the strength of your body and immune system, be sure to stop consuming any supplements. If you fail to give your body the basic building blocks it needs to function and fight invaders, you will surely be able to catch the Caronavirus! If you would like to learn what supplements will help keep you strong and fight invaders, check out this page.
The bottom line is, the only way to catch a cold or sickness is to become a hospitable host for the bacteria or virus that causes it. Let’s make sure that you and your body are not a great place for the Coronavirus to hang out. Be vigilant in keeping your immune system strong. Don’t let the media hype machine cause a moral panic in your life.
If you would like to keep your Immune System strong, give us a call at 303-794-1737 so we can help! Alternatively, you can request an appointment online.