Neurofeedback Home Training Units
Do Your Neurofeedback Training at Home
We are excited to now offer our patients the ability to receive in-office quality neurofeedback at home!
NewMind Technologies recently developed these home units using the same EEG-driven training protocols that our in-office units utilize. Being able to perform the same training in your home, at your convenience, without driving to the clinic means you can train faster and more efficiently.
No More Driving!
The cost of training for the home unit is no more than our in-office treatment; this allows you to get professional neurofeedback without the driving for those who live further away. Each session is recorded and uploaded to our cloud-based system; this will enable me to monitor your sessions. During your training, we will schedule a phone call or Zoom meeting to discuss your progress, address any questions or concerns and give recommendations.
Here are the steps to training at home:
Step One– we still need to do an in-office brain-map and subsequent report.
Step Two– you will be provided with a compact take-home unit and an app to use with your home computer.
Step Three– we will also show you how to use the equipment to ensure the best training experience.
Below are recommendations to use the neurofeedback unit at home:
- We recommend a quiet, softly lit room, somewhere you feel at ease.
- Other than the computer, electronics (especially phones) should be turned off to decrease interference with the brain measurements during the training session.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks for at least 2 hours before your session.
- Avoid alcohol and recreational drugs, which can delay your progress.
- A computer that can run the neurofeedback training program (see below)
- CPU: Quad-core or better
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Memory (RAM): 8 GB or higher)
- Graphics Card: 2 GB dedicated preferred, but you can use a built-in one if your computer does not have this.